Salt Fork YMCA Mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
The Y will be closed on the following days: Easter & Christmas Day. We will be open limited hours on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving. The Aquatics areas will be closed along with the Child Watch/Kid's Gym area on those holidays, and there will be no classes offered. The Y will close at 3pm on Halloween, 3pm on Christmas Eve, and 5pm on New Year's Eve.
Membership Card: Your membership card is your ticket into the building! Your card is intended for your use, and is not transferable to any other individual or any other YMCA. If you forget your card, please bring your photo I.D. Lost cards may be replaced at $5.00. A vaild Y membership card must be presented to the Member Services Desk when checking out equipment.
Acceptable Behavior: The Y is based on the values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. We expect all people using our facilites and participating in our programs to respect themselves and each other. We reserve the right to suspend membership if a person fails to live up to any of the character values on which we are based.
Insurance: Members, guests, day pass users and class participants are advised that they use all Y premises, facilities, equipment, and program activities at their own risk. Serious injury may result from your participation. In the event that you believe that an activity might cause harm, you are advised to consult your physician or Y staff person for more information. The Y does not carry health or accident insurance on your behalf.
Lost & Found: The Y is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Lost and found can be claimed at the Front Desk. We hold items up to two weeks before they are donated to charity.
Tobacco & Alchol Free: For your own health and consideration of others, we request that no alcohol, smoking, or other tobacco products be used in the Y facilities or ground of other off-site Y program locations.
Scholarship: The Y welcomes people from all socioeconomic backgrounds. Assistance is available for membership and in all program areas for those who can demonstrate financial need. This program is made possible by our Annual Strong Kids, Strong Families Campaign. If you would like to donate, please contact C.E.O. Suzanne Smith at 660-886-9622.
The Y does not provide formal supervision of children unless they are registered in a program or checked in the Kid's Gym or Child Watch during supervised times. For your child's safety, any child 9 years of age or under may use the Y only when an adult 18 years or older of age is present in the facility. Any child 9 years of age and younger enrolled in a program must be signed in and out of the program by an adult 18 years or older.
Children in the swimming pool under 10 years old must have direct supervision by an adult 14 years or older. Parents may sit on the pool deck, but are encouraged to swim with your child when possible. Youth must be 15 to use the sauna facilities.
Wellness Center Rules (updated 08/08/2012):
1. Members must be 15 years old or older to be in the free weight area. No exceptions.
2. You must be 14 years old or older to use the cardiovascular equipment and/or white Cybex circuit equipment.
3. Youth ages 13 years old or younger must be directly supervised by an adult 18 years or older to use the cardiovascular equipment and/or white Cybex circuit equipment. Directly supervised is defined as standing on the floor an arm’s length away, but not on another piece of equipment.
4. Youth ages 7 to 13 may use the Fit Zone equipment (brightly colored weight machines) after successfully completing a youth equipment orientation with a parent or guardian and a YMCA staff member. Youth equipment orientations may be scheduled at the Front Desk.
5. Absolutely no one under the age of 6 will be allowed in the cardiovascular, Cybex or free weight areas. They may use the track if directly supervised by an adult 18 years old or older.
6. Appropriate clothing and closed toed shoes must be worn at all times.
7. The following violations may result in membership suspension
and/or membership termination:
· Youth not completing a youth equipment orientation for the Fit Zone equipment.
· Not putting fitness equipment away after using. This includes all dumbbells, weight bars and plate weights.
· Not cleaning equipment when you have completed your workout.
· Dropping weights.
· Excessive grunting and swearing will not be tolerated.
As a family friendly facility, be respectful of those around you. If you have any questions regarding the Wellness Center Rules,
please see a YMCA staff member.